Congratulations to the following Northern Nevada teams for qualifying to play in 2023 Northern Nevada APA Championships. These teams won a spot in the Northern Nevada APA Championships by either winning their respective divisions... or by winning playoffs. They will be competing in the Northern Nevada APA Championships (dates outlined on our website calendar at https://northernnevada.apaleagues.com/Calendar.aspx) for the right to represent Northern Nevada in Las Vegas at the APA World Pool Championships. During the APA World Pool Championships, teams compete for over $600,000 in prizes.
Qualified teams: IMPORTANT NOTICE
In order for a player to advance to any level of the APA World Pool Championships (including the Northern Nevada APA Championships in May/June), they must meet certain criteria. That Higher Level Tournament (HLT) criteria is listed here:
1. Must have a skill level based on at least 10 actual league match scores in the format in which they are advancing by the end of this league year. These scores include normal weekly play and playoffs. Note - scores earned in summer 2023 do NOT count because summer 2023 is the NEW league year, and the Northern Nevada APA Championships are run based off of LAST league year.
2. Must advance with the highest session ending handicap he or she had from the time their team became qualified to their Spring Session ending handicap. (Highest session ending must also be based on 10 actual league match scores in the format in which the player is advancing).
3. In order to be considered a full-fledged member of a team and eligible to go to the APA World Pool Championships with that team, a player must have played at least 6 times with that team in the Spring session.
4. Must maintain current APA membership status. Must be on an active roster in the summer leading into the Northern Nevada APA Championships and the World event.
5. Must be on a team that has at least 4 original members.
6. Must have either joined an already qualified team or been a member of a team that won a division title to gain entry into the Higher Level Tournament (HLT).
NOTE: Your Northern Nevada APA Championships roster is your SPRING ROSTER. And, if you make it to Las Vegas for the World Pool Championships, your World Pool Championships roster is the same as your Northern Nevada APA Championships roster.
If you have questions about advancing to the APA World Pool Championships, please contact us.